The HAYES FOUNDATION
P.O.Box 1257 • Rutland, VT 05701 • 802-417-2170
Below are some resources that Hayes grantees and their families have found useful in pursuing both specific opportunities and general resources for intellectually gifted young people. While the Hayes Foundation does not endorse any specific program, we hope these links will be of some help as you pursue your interests. If you know of other programs that might be of interest to others, please feel free to share them with us.
It is worth noting that many summer programs have application and financial aid deadlines months ahead of the program, and require considerable input from students and their recommenders.For students seeking meaningful summer learning experiences, it pays to plan ahead, keeping in mind our January 1, April 1, June 1 and October 1 grant deadlines.
Math and Science
- The Art of Problem Solving online math courses and resources for high-level learners
- Echo Center 4-day summer science exploration day camps for rising 1st–6th graders in Burlington, Vermont
- eIMACS online interactive mathematics and computer science curricula
- FIRST LEGO League team-based engineering and robotics competition for grades 4–8
- FIRST Robotics Competition for teams of students in grades 9–12 solving different problems each year
- Girls on Ice is a selective, FREE environmental science and mountaineering program in the Pacific Northwest for teenage girls
- Hampshire College Summer Studies in Mathematics in Amherst, Mass., is a 6-week intensive encounter with college-level mathematics for talented and highly motivated high school students
- iDTech - summer camps and online programs in computer programming, game design, more
- MathPath - advanced summer program for 11-14 year olds who show high promise and love mathematics. Location changes yearly
- Operation Catapult two-week engineering programs rising high-school seniors, on the campus of Rose-Hulman Institute of Technology in Indiana
- Putney School - one week engineering & design program for rising 6–10 graders.
- Research Science Institute at MIT. RSI is a highly selective (test scores required) FREE summer science & engineering program combining on-campus course work in scientific theory with off-campus work in science and technology research
- Ross Mathematics Program at Ohio State University for mathematically motivated 14-18 year olds
- Space Camp at NASA's U.S. Space and Rocket Center in Huntsville, Alabama, offers space, robotics and aviation programs
Humanities and Culture
Visual and Performing Arts
Other School-Year and Summer Programs
Gifted Resources for Parents and Educators